Renewed Hope Children's Village
Renewed Hope Children's Village is a faith based, non-governmental and non- profit organization, established in January 2005. REHOCH’s aim is to improve the socio-economic welfare of orphaned and vulnerable children (OVC), by empowering them through the provision of shelter, love, educational support and care; which will enable them to break the poverty cycle perpetuated by HIV/AIDs. REHOCH’s vision is to see improved welfare of OVC, through support and care, which affords them hope for a better tomorrow as they are offered love, respect and a sense of belonging to a Godly family.
The mission of REHOCH is to bring renewed hope in the lives of OVC by providing them with a Christian Home environment that guarantees support and care, all of which will help them become useful and responsible adults in society. REHOCH’s catchments area covers Ipusukilo, Kwacha, Bulangililo and Riverside.
Their objectives are to:
- create supportive environment for OVC’s growth and development through provision of shelter, love and care
- educate and train OVC for career orientation that impacts knowledge and skills for them to become useful citizens in the global community
- provide health care service and improve the spiritual life of OVC living or not living with HIV/AIDs
- empower Widows, PLWHAs, Disabled and Caregivers through IGA’s and Entrepreneurship skills.
- shelter for 12 vulnerable orphans via the orphanage home
- support for 350 other OVC via education sponsorship every year
- 35 households receive support in the communities of Kapoto via village banking
- sensitisation programmes on HIV/AIDs
- Income Generating Activities (IGA) for sustainability
- Evangelism - via programs such as the Good News Club and Youth Camps
- REHOCH Christian Academy (REHOCH Christian Academy opened in September 2017 as a way for the orphanage programs to be self-funded).