When Ukraine got invaded by Russia and refugees started to flee the country, Emanuel Clinic responded in the following ways…
- Their centre opened to provide medical assistance and spiritual counselling to those in need
- They used their two Christian centres within the Baptist Union (Balțata and Vatici, where in each of them about 150 refugees were housed);
- They prepared first aid parcels and provided medical assistance for those who in need.
- Teams were created from the Emanuel Centre to go to these centres as volunteers to help in the kitchen, cleaning works, wherever else needed.
- They organised teams to support women and children in their spiritual wellbeing by running a spiritual programme and preaching the Gospel
- All the Emanuel team brought everything they had: clothes, food, hygiene products - to support these people;
- Many families from the CMC Emanuel team have housed refugees in their houses.
They have tried to provide the essential services: consultations, general blood tests, USG, ECG (as needed) and essential medicines (anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antihypertensive, etc.)
For example, a refugee woman called with a sick child - she was offered consultations, blood tests, and inhalation for the child. Another woman with two children and pregnant with imminent danger requested a consultation: USG. They gladly offer the requested help. Praise God that the team have been able to support refugees in this way!